Friday, February 19, 2010

Oven-Toasted Tortilla Chips



Tonight was Mexican night. Mike made refried beans from scratch, which naturally means that as of this moment the sink is teetering with pots and pans, waiting for me. Nay, beckoning for me.

Mike asked me to run around the corner to the grocery store for tortilla chips, but it was cold out and I didn’t want to spend money, nor did I really crave the super saltiness of bagged chips, so I offered to try my hand at cooking some up myself.

All I did was use a pizza slicer to cut a few tortillas up into 6 slices each, brushed olive oil on top, then sprinkled on some sea salt and a cilantro lime spice mix we had. In less then 10 minutes (at around 375f), we had some decent oven-toasted chips, for a fraction of the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment