Saturday, April 3, 2010

More from the Backyard

One of the upsides of global warming is that we've had some wonderful early spring weather the last few years. Today it was a decent mid-60s day up here. It was even hotter in Boston, but since we're on the water it's usually about 8-10 degrees cooler up here. We sold our air conditioner years ago and never looked back.

I took advantage of the day and took some pictures outside, as well as planted two rows of spinach.

DSC00666

The garden presently, after I used bricks we had lying around to make a path down the middle, and enclosed it all with chicken wire. Now the garden has spinach, peas, broccoli, and radishes already down - all can withstand a late frost. I'll plant the rest in about a month.

DSC00661

The garden's froggy overlord.

caged chickens

Requisite intentionally out of focus arty shot of the chickens.

DSC00671

My helper. I dare say, he might be cute. Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment