Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Baked Chicken Tenders with Oven Fries

So this is what I made for dinner tonight. The chicken was something I've never tried before, the oven fries are something I love making.

DSC00371

For the chicken tenders, I took some panko breading, threw in a little granulated garlic, and kosher salt, and mixed it up. I cut boneless breasts into thin strips, dipped them in an egg wash, breaded them, and then put them on a wire rack above a cookie sheet. Threw them in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes, and done. Oh, grease the wire rack. I forgot to, derp.

The honey mustard sauce is 1/3 cup mayo and 2 tbsps each mustard and honey.

The oven chips are just cut up red potatoes in a pyrex container coated in olive oil. I usually throw in half a diced sweet onion but I ran out tonight, so I had to cheap out and do granulated garlic and onion salt. I always sprinkle savory over the chips. We bought a cheap crinkle cutter awhile back at Marshalls. It's dull as hell so it's a pain in the butt to cut the potatoes, but they look cool and they cook evenly. I cook the at 400 for like 35 minutes.

So. Dang. Tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment